Sponsorship is available HERE
On June 14 from 8:15-14:00, AmCham Shanghai cordially invites you to the Suzhou Manufacturing Conference & Suzhou Municipal Government Appreciation Luncheon @ InterContinental Suzhou.
Dress Code: Business Formal
This conference will focus on supply chain management strategy in the context of a slowing economy and strained US-Chinatrade relations. The conference will help you understand changes in the business environment, evaluate priorities and investment direction to maintain competitiveness, and drive profitability in an increasingly complex and interconnected Chinese market.
9:00-9:20 Opening Keynote: Economy Review & Outlook
The session will focus on challenges to China's economic model and provide an insightful summary of the 2018 and 2019 economic situation and its impact on businesses in 2019 and beyond.
- Opening Keynote: Mary Boyd, director, Shanghai corporate network, The Economist
9:20-10:15 Panel 1: US-China Relation Review & Outlook
This panel focuses on the state of US-China economic relations. It will cover the results of negotiations, analysis of the outcomes, and provide an outlook for the China business environment following the negotiations. The program will provide both US and China perspectives, from policy and business angles.
- Kenneth Jarrett, Senior Advisor Albright Stonebridge Group
- Mary Boyd, Director, Shanghai Corporate Network, The Economist
- Han Shen Lin, Deputy General Manager, Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo, N.A. Shanghai Branch
- Zhexin Zhang, PhD, Research Fellow, Shanghai Institutes for International Studies
10:35-10:55 Keynote 2: Supply Chain Strategy Review
A consulting firm will provide a perspective on how different industries view the Chinese market and how they adapt their investment strategies accordingly.
- Keynote: Kent Kedl, Senior Partner, Greater China and North Asia, Control Risks
10:55-11:50 Panel 2: Supply Chain Management
Strategies for structuring and positioning supply chains to best support business operations, profit margins and competitiveness.
- Kent Kedl, Senior Partner, Greater China and North Asia, Control Risks
- Strom Kong, General Manager, Anaren Communication (Suzhou) Co., Ltd
- Lola Li, Asia Pacific logistics director, TE Connectivity
- Liren Xu, Vice President Supply Chain, Stanley Black & Decker Asia
12:00-14:00 Luncheon: 25-30 Government officials from
- Suzhou City Mayor/Vice Mayor
- Suzhou City bureaus related with business operations
- U.S. Consul General