Disorganization often manifests itself in unlikely places, creating a cluttered work environment. Such environments not only negatively affect employees' efficiency and emotional states, but can also negatively impact company profits. The goal of this workshop is to help give employees the tools to contribute to a positive and well-organized office space through the 5S methodology. Participants will walk away feeling empowered and ready to create an optimally efficient work environment.
All training participants will receive a certification.
5S is a methodology based on a 5-step approach:
- Seiri (整理): Separating. Refers to the practice of going through all items in the work space, keeping only the necessary items and discarding the rest. This translates into less clutter and more efficient work.
- Seiton (整頓): Sorting. Arranging your workspace in an orderly manner that allows work flow. It also helps eliminate unnecessary movements around the working space.
- Seisō (清掃): Shine. Work spaces should be kept neat and clean. Maintaining the cleanliness becomes part of the daily work.
- Seiketsu (清潔): Standardizing. Standardization of cleanliness in the work space and accountability among employees.
- Shitsuke (躾): Sustaining. Refers to maintaining standards and not allowing a gradual decline back to the old ways of operating.